Tuesday 25 September 2012

Tuesday 25th Sep Tentacle Sketches

These are my initial sketches for the tentacle assignment.
 
 
Here I was focusing on a very contrasting face one half is meant to look very pretty and the other is horrible and has tentacles oozing out of her eye sockets, nostrils and ears. I thought this was a good concept for a 3D task rather than 2D, as I feel I haven't been able to get across the effect I wanted properly using 2D.

This is my Machop inspired sketch I used alot of the sea creature references for the head by drawing a Squid like head. I find this sketch very funny and comical but sadly thats not the aim of this particular task, and I feel it would be hard to draw a concept like this without it becoming comical.
 

I really liked this Medusa inspired sketch. I would really like to continue with this sketch possibly.

This guy is not particularly intereting I just thought it would be  cool to see about drawing a normal body with a Squid head for contrast but after drawing it, it just looks silly in my eyes.
 




This was inspired by an Indian God. I thought it was a very cool idea to have a squid in this position looking very eastern. I like this sketch alot i could imagine it looking well with colours added.





This is nother half pretty half ugly concept, i wanted to use the 1950's inspiration but I feel it doesn't come across as well as another sketch I have done.

I really love this sketch. I love how the tentacles look as a 1950's hairstyle all pinned back. I would love to continue with this image.

This was the first sketch I did i was really just experimenting with what i could do whether i should focus on the hair or body with the tentacles. I thought it was hilarious to do pinup leg tentacles.

No comments:

Post a Comment