Tuesday 16 October 2012

Tuesday 16th Oct Surreal Sketches

In this image I had wanted to paint a typical mermaid using aquatic colour and placing her with a space background. I had hoped to add whales and other aquatic creatures, i thought this kind of idea was interesting but I was not completely dedicated to it, so maybe an idea for a future picture?


 For this image I was inspired by a musical , 'Repo Genetic Opera' the idea behind the musical is that you can now replace almost any part of your body with mechanically engineered organs, skin anything literally and you can also upgrade these. the idea behind her smile was inspired by the character Pavlo, whos face is literally a mask held on by streching it over these hooks on his face. The smile itself was taken from the joker as his smile is pretty creepy and awesome.
The image above this, the one which looks half scanned in, was done by accident when the scanner was scanning I forgot to put in the image and quickly tried putting on my sketchbook to try again, but I thought this outcome was kind of cool/interesting it reminded me abit of sci fi kind of things. Been reading a book called neuromancer recomended by our theory tutor and from what I ve gathered you can kind of upload yourself to a cyberspace? thats what this image reminded me of xD
Next I thought of moving on to more funny things alice in wonderland cat? I like cats and alice in wonderland so I tried seeing if i coulld create a humorous image using the juxtaposition of the cat alice and a tea party mouse? I think its funny but maybe not so surreal?

My final and chosen image is going to be cats dancing in a disco, i think its funny to pointof not making sense and its cats who wont like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment